Oscarreds

Looking for places to fish in the bay area. San Jose area to be more exact. Willing to travel 1 hr give or take. Any help?

Recently moved to San Jose and was looking to see if anyone knew any good spots to fish around the bay area. Don't have a boat so mostly shore fishing. Been to a few of the reservoirs and some of the lakes but haven't had much luck. 

What areas have you tried so far?

Go to Tracy and hit the South Delta area. Places like Tracy Oasis resort. 

If you are willing to drive to Marin County I'd definitely give Kent Lake a shot, I've never been skunked there. Hike in to the Dam and fish the dam in the morning. If you are willing to hike some more then you can. 

Oscarreds, welcome to Bass Resource and the Forums and congratulations on your move the San Jose. I know there are some ponds that can be seen traveling S/B on Hwy 17 towards Saratoga. I’ve never fished there but they do look inviting and might be worth a try. Maybe some of the South Bay members can fill in the blanks on these ponds. Also Lexington might be worth a try. Not sure how far you’re willing to drive, but there are good places to fish within an hours drive from San Jose. I’d also suggest checking into one of the local bass clubs as a way expanding your fishing opportunities and abilities, which will lead to lasting relationship with the bait monkey.

I hope this was helpful and by the way, the Delta is in a fall pattern... Good luck and good fishing, JB 

Lexington lake is off hwy 17, Anderson and Coyote reservior off 101 before Morgan Hill.

Tom

On 11/10/2017 at 11:12 AM, WRB said:

Lexington lake is off hwy 17, Anderson and Coyote reservior off 101 before Morgan Hill.

Tom

What are those ponds off Hwy 17?

1 hour ago, J._Bricker said:

My daughter works near there and never stopped to check them out?

Tom

5 hours ago, J._Bricker said:

3 hours ago, WRB said:

My daughter works near there and never stopped to check them out?

Tom

Those are percolation ponds where the water goes back into the water table.  There's one large one where fishing is allowed.  Another one is (or was) reserved for radio-controlled model boats.  I'm not sure about the other ones. 

The summer before the big rains we had, the large pond was nearly empty.  This summer I stopped to look around and saw a lot of baby bass swimming around (so there must be some bigger ones in there).

• Like 1

Thanks BASS302 and WRB, for filling in some of the blanks as I don’t get down to the South bay much any more. I’ve got that affliction where I see a stream, river, lake, or coastline and start to think what fish are there and where and how I’d fish it. Those ponds always looked inviting, with easy access and what appears to be an area to walk the shore with a couple of rods and minimal tackle. Continued good fishing, JB