Pro Logcatcher

Antique lures?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just went through my garage and found these lures. They were given to me by my grandfather. Any ideas to what they are and how much they are worth? I just tried to post an image and it wouldn't let me do it, so any help on that would be welcome, too. Two of the lures have glass eyes so that is pre 1940s, right? In addition, one lure has cursive engraving saying Heddon's Game Fisher on it. I'll see if I can put pics on the thread.

The Gamefisher is wooden multi jointed  "swimbait" that dates back into the 30's. Most wood "plugs" pre WW2 had glass eyes. You need to go online and look at or buy a antique & vintage lures. The lures hook angers, hook construction, mfr, models all help to identify key  elements that help identify lures and value.

Tom

Without pictures it is hard to help much. The Gamefisher came in 2 versions, the Gamefisher with three sections and the Gamefisher Jr. with 2 sections. Not incredibly valuable but interesting. If you go to eBay and search vintage lures yu should be able to find the other baits. If not, then maybe you do have something more valuable. Either way, those old lures are interesting

I have three in a frame and each one has glass eyes.

I thought they were from the 40's,. but thanks to Tom I know they may be from the 30's.

One day I will have to look up all of my antique lures.

Thanks to all for their posts.

Don't sell them collect more?. It fun to collect old fishing tackle too. I buy what's affordable. I find the early plastic lures interesting to me anyway.