fishraptor

2014 Merc XS 250 Opti (Water press gauge not working)

took out my 2014 Basscat only twice. Once with dealer and all gauges worked. I took it out myself and noticed the water pressure gauge no longer is registering yet water is peeing out tell tale and no alarms.  Gauge is type with physical water hose connected to it.  Is there something I can do to try to resolve problem before I go spend $$$ at the dealer.   So far someone said take  "light" air pressure back blow into small black hose connected to gauge to assure gauge works, which I would guess does.  Can I "back blow" light air towards motor to try to relieve a clog ?   I believe I traced the water pressure black hose back inside the motor cowl. It appears to connect to a small gray hose which "t"'s down the road and heads to two locations on the block.  I would like be able to fix this type  of problem myself because if it's a simple "clog" I do not wish to run to the dealer each time. Thanks.    Should I try to find a "mobile" Merc tech in my area for issues or would it be a waist of time. 

Remove the cowl. Look on the bottom of the pan on the port side. See if you can see where the gray hose connects to the black hose coming from the boat. I've seen that connection come apart. Probably due to over trimming the engine and/or not enough slack in the black hose through the rigging tube. Can also check where the hose goes into the gauge. You're probably good there or you would have a wet leg after a short run.

16 minutes ago, jbh3 said:

Remove the cowl. Look on the bottom of the pan on the port side. See if you can see where the gray hose connects to the black hose coming from the boat. I've seen that connection come apart. Probably due to over trimming the engine and/or not enough slack in the black hose through the rigging tube. Can also check where the hose goes into the gauge. You're probably good there or you would have a wet leg after a short run.

thanks East Tn Guy, I already checked that and can see where the black hose does connect to the gray hose. All connections are good and connection at the back of the gauge is secure.  I am assuming their is a clog somewhere, just dont know how to clean (blow out) or whatever.  Hope I get more posts on what to look for.  

P.S. if someone does give me info on fixing my problem they will be getting an envelope with some cash in it as I would have saved myself some money this time and any other time it happened. We will both make out good. Thank you in advance.