Fishing_FF

Stanley Spinnerbait Split Rings?

I recently picked up a pair of Stanley Jig Spinnerbait Wedge Plus to replace a pair of River-2-Sea Bling Spinnerbaits I had to retire. River-2-Sea isn't making the Indiana/Colorado blade combo in 3/8oz, so figured I would give the Wedge a try as I've heard a lot of positive feedback. I'm using the spinnerbait on cooler, windy days in Florida, using the flash and vibration to help catch the attention of some hungry bass. :) 

There aren't many place I can fish that don't have a fair to heavy amount of vegetation here in Central Florida. When I come upon a weed line with a spinnerbait, I pause, rip it through, and then let it dead fall. Done this with various River-2-Sea spinnerbaits with a good success rate and no abnormal damage to the lures. I tried out a Stanley spinnerbait the other day, using the same retrieve technique. When I was done fishing the spinnerbait, I noticed one of the split rings had started to open up. 

Did I get a bad split ring on this particular Stanley or do all their split rings need a upgrade like the split rings and hooks on some brands of hardbaits?

Thanks!!!

Don't know about the split ring, but you know you can change out spinnerbait blades in like 30 seconds, so you can keep throwing the ones you are used to, For what its worth i like Stanley spinnerbaits, and haven't had issues with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reason said:

Don't know about the split ring, but you know you can change out spinnerbait blades in like 30 seconds, so you can keep throwing the ones you are used to, For what its worth i like Stanley spinnerbaits, and haven't had issues with them.

Exactly 😉

When I retire a spinnerbait, it is because the wires are near that point where they have been bent and twisted back into place so many times it is about to break. The blades are also generally trashed with chipped/nicked edge from being bounced off concrete bridge supports and gouged from being grabbed by turtles and small gators. Very rarely do I get a hook up on one, they just love to grab the blades. 

Sadly, River-2-Sea has stopped making both the 3/8oz Indiana/Colorado spinnerbaits and blades. The 1/2oz blades are larger. 

On 12/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, reason said:

I think what he meant by this was buy the River2Sea in the 3/8 with whatever blades they have available then change out the blade or blades to the style and size of your liking.