Jump to content
WI_Angler1989

Get Bit Tubes

Recommended Posts

Hi all! IIts been months since my last post, lots of fishing adventures, not enough documentation. hope everyone had a productive and successful fishing season! Winter is finally settling in up here in WI.

 

So here's my question, who out there fishes with Get Bit Baits tubes? I'm (always) dabbling in new companies in my off-season and they popped onto my radar again. The thing is, I fish my rivers with Smallie Slider jigs by Cadman's custom jigs and not all tubes fit on that style head.

Anyone have experience woth this rig? How about the GBB tubes in general?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cadman Slider hook you are talking about is the one that looks like a flat bottom swimbait hook with the spring bait keeper? Seems like an interesting way to fish a tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never used those exact brands, but do fish small tubes on an identical jighead.  It's an effective lure and the heads are great for dragging any small plastics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moguy1973 said:

The Cadman Slider hook you are talking about is the one that looks like a flat bottom swimbait hook with the spring bait keeper? Seems like an interesting way to fish a tube.

Yes, that's the one. I believe it's essentially a swim jig mold with a screw lock. Makes for a killer way to rig up weedless tubes, craws , worms, grubs, senkos... anything you want. 

 

@fishwizzard, it's a great set up. I use it a majorty of the time I fish honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some of 4 inch ones I could trade. 

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://river-rock-custom-baits.myshopify.com/products/crawler-head-jig

 

These are the dragging heads I use, they are more expensive then the Cadmans ones but they have 15-20% off sales pretty often. Their tubes work perfectly with the jigheads, but again, feel a little pricey.  They are very very soft and look great in the water however. 

 

http://confidencebaits.3dcartstores.com/Draggin-Head_c_11.html

 

Confidence baits also sells them, but I don't like a flat line tie for this application.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishwizzard said:

https://river-rock-custom-baits.myshopify.com/products/crawler-head-jig

 

These are the dragging heads I use, they are more expensive then the Cadmans ones but they have 15-20% off sales pretty often. Their tubes work perfectly with the jigheads, but again, feel a little pricey.  They are very very soft and look great in the water however. 

 

http://confidencebaits.3dcartstores.com/Draggin-Head_c_11.html

 

Confidence baits also sells them, but I don't like a flat line tie for this application.  

 

If that is what you are paying for those jigheads then I have a new retirement plan. 

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Munkin said:

If that is what you are paying for those jigheads then I have a new retirement plan. 

 

Allen 

Hah, well now that I know about Cadman I will not pay that much anymore!  

 

It's great style of jighead and I think I bought enough during the RR Black Friday sale to last me the season. I do want to pick up some 3\8 ones to rig 10" Culprit worms on, it gives them a slower, gliding fall that looks different enough from a swimbait hook to make it worth having both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

Hah, well now that I know about Cadman I will not pay that much anymore!  

 

It's great style of jighead and I think I bought enough during the RR Black Friday sale to last me the season. I do want to pick up some 3\8 ones to rig 10" Culprit worms on, it gives them a slower, gliding fall that looks different enough from a swimbait hook to make it worth having both. 

I know what the next mold I am buying is.

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Munkin said:

I know what the next mold I am buying is.

 

Allen 

What mold is it?  It's hard to search for jigs like this as I don't think they have a standard name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love those River Rock tubes too! My only issue is that I always gravitate towards "finesse" sized tubes (2.5", 2.75) and the 1/4 oz draggin/slidin jigs I use don't fit well. The 1/8 oz size work great but it's not always heavy enough if I'm fishing current.

 

I really like the Cadman's Smallie jigs. They're super well made and a good price. Just keep a small hook file on hand of you fish rocky current like i do haha. I stocked up with a bunch last season and have a lot left over!

 

@Munkin, thanks for the offer man, but I've got my eye on the 2 3/4" size. I'm confident a 4"er would fit my presentation. I should have been more specific, sorry man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the Get Bit 5.25in tubes, although I almost always use an internal jig. I find using a weighted swimbait hook, or T-rigging is fine for dragging a tube, or fishing it like a jerkbait,but I prefer using a tube as a drop bait and it has much better action with the internal jig. 

Edited by papajoe222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

What mold is it?  It's hard to search for jigs like this as I don't think they have a standard name. 

Do It swim jig mold but you have to modify it to accept other hooks. 

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, papajoe222 said:

I use the Get Bit 5.25in tubes, although I almost always use an internal jig. I find using a weighted swimbait hook, or T-rigging is fine for dragging a tube, or fishing it like a jerkbait,but I prefer using a tube as a drop bait and it has much better action with the internal jig. 

 

Fair enough. After lots of trial and error on my end using all sorts of riggings (Texas rig, standard tube jig inserts, and what I use now) I have 100% landed on the Cadman's Crawlin' jigs. I know the pros of the insert and would love to use them, but I fish rocky rivers from shore mainly. I do have a canoe but it isn't very accessible. The weedlesness overshadows any and all cons for me, easily. Not to mention I've never had any issues with production because of the exterior weight and possibly gaudiness of the jigs. I just love the versatility.

Now, on lakes or up north while in the canoe, I use inserts all day. They don't last 1 cast for me here on the river though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/24/2017 at 11:01 AM, WI_Angler1989 said:

 

Fair enough. After lots of trial and error on my end using all sorts of riggings (Texas rig, standard tube jig inserts, and what I use now) I have 100% landed on the Cadman's Crawlin' jigs. I know the pros of the insert and would love to use them, but I fish rocky rivers from shore mainly. I do have a canoe but it isn't very accessible. The weedlesness overshadows any and all cons for me, easily. Not to mention I've never had any issues with production because of the exterior weight and possibly gaudiness of the jigs. I just love the versatility.

Now, on lakes or up north while in the canoe, I use inserts all day. They don't last 1 cast for me here on the river though. 

There's a fee guys on here that make them too. Like you I fish a lot fo rock filled rivers and creeks and the jigs are killer. I'll send you a pm quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×