Can't Catch Bass

Treble Hook Rod and Reel

I'm thinking about picking up a rod and reel for use with most treble hook baits. Things like 1/2-3/4 red eye shads, squarebills, shallow diving cranks, jerkbaits, topwaters... Pretty much anything with a treble hook from 3/8-3/4oz.

I'm leaning towards a Curado 201k (not the hg or xg) and a dobyns fury 705cb. I was also looking at the quantum kvd (kvdc705m) as another possibility.

What do you all use or recommend for this application and is there any concerns with the setup I'm leaning towards?

The 705Cb from Dobyns is a nice rod. I really like the Dobyns offering. My other suggestion is the rod I throw those baits on.  It is an Irod Genesis II IRG 703CC, the Gabe's rip rap special. Ignore the rating of fast, it is a composite rod with w really nice moderate action. I throw all of my rattle trap style baits, square bills down to medium diving crankbaits. If you have never had an Irod in your hand here are really nice. I have sold off many of my rods in favor of Irods,Powells and Dobyns.

For a reel I would pick a Daiwa Tatula CT or SV TWS. I have changed over 8 of the reels in my arsenal to Daiwa Tatula, Tat Type Rs and CT. I am pleased with all of them.

I use a Mojo Bass Spinnerbait with a Quantum Energy PT on 15 lb fluorocarbon and it works great for everything that constantly moves!

The pheonix x series is good and have short handles like the dobyns if you like that.  I have the dobyns 764rm and it only has a 9" handle and I hate that.