NorcalBassin

G Loomis Xpeditor Experience

My wife and daughter "may have" hit a volleyball off my old 902 IMX and broke it into two pieces, so I figured I'd call G Loomis to see if the program was as good as advertised. Verdict- it's even better. It only took about 3 minutes on the phone to give him my old model (discontinued), have him run down an equivalent, and get my address and payment information and then the rod arrived two days later. Incredible service and a significant upgrade only cost me $100 despite the rod breaking being 100% my (family's) fault. 

Not good...

7qXD4BL.jpg?2

Much better...

EQKpNn9.jpg?2

Funny how the build has changed... this 892 is an inch shorter but has 10 guides compared to the 7 on the 902

Nr0ntaA.jpg?2

• Like 1

I've always had excellent customer service from Shimano/Gloomis.

I have used the service several times over the years without ANY issues.

:thumbsup:

I'm glad your experience was good, I like hearing stories about great support. 

On another note, it's also refreshing to see a bit of honesty about how a rod got broke, even if it wasn't directly related to a mistake you made. Mistakes happen and good stuff gets broken, but trying to slick up the story for your call to the manufacturer isn't needed. Seems like we all see that on here from time to time, and it's easy to spot.

Looks like you handled it great, and got a sweet stick out of the deal. This season's gonna be just that much nicer for you! 

• Like 1

I have had similar experiences (wife accidentally broke two in a car door). People on these forums ask why should you should spend G. Loomis money when there are so many other good alternatives. This is a big reason why. I consider G. Loomis more of a long term investment. I’ve tried a lot of brands, but I always come back to Loomis.