new2BC4bass

Heat and plastic baits.

Didn't know where else to post this question so hope it is okay here.

How does heat affect plastic baits?  It didn't take me long to decide I hated hauling my lures back and forth between either the basement or garage to the car so I started leaving everything in the trunk of my car all year long.  Am I ruining my plastics?

it may cause bleeding, but it shouldn't necessarily ruin your baits. Unless it gets so hot that they melt. Which would have to be really hot. 

Depending on the plastic, a plastic bait can soften and can expand when heated for prolonged periods in a trunk or boat locker.  Even to the point where the glued seams begin to leak water.  But it probably won’t effect the paint finish.  If yours haven’t done it yet you’re probably ok.  Probably.  No guarantees.

Thanks, guys.  I have noticed a little excessive oil on them.  Don't know if it affects the baits ability to lure fish.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:53 AM, new2BC4bass said:

Thanks, guys.  I have noticed a little excessive oil on them.  Don't know if it affects the baits ability to lure fish.

Not at all, just gets your fingers messy. Its a suspender in your fish baits plastisol. 

Heat will cause hard plastic baits to expand and split. I try not to keep mine in extreme temperatures.

Allen