Jump to content
new2BC4bass

February or March better fishing in central Florida?

Recommended Posts

I fish in the DeLand area when visiting.  If I remember correctly, I've had better success bass fishing in March, but the wife would like to go in February.  If March is better for bass fishing, I may be able to talk her into waiting until then to visit.  What say you Floridians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the central area where I fish by March most fish are spawned out already. Best chances at a trophy here are in Jan and Feb. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February for size, March for numbers. January probably best though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!!!!  :teeth:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come a little farther south and you have to worry about any differences. 

 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much further south?  And where could we launch a 14' dinghy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all the above except that this winter has been a colder one so there may still be a good number of bedding fish in central fl. In march.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N Florida Mike said:

I agree with all the above except that this winter has been a colder one so there may still be a good number of bedding fish in central fl. In march.

Agreed same here in south Alabama

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, new2BC4bass said:

How much further south?  And where could we launch a 14' dinghy?

 

Imho

You can fish all the way down to the Big O if you wanted too in March and April and not be disappointed. 

There will be beds into April down here especially with the cold we had as N Florida Mike said. 

There ramps and docks all over to launch anything you got. 

If you need specific locations just post. 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mike L said:

 

Imho

You can fish all the way down to the Big O if you wanted too in March and April and not be disappointed. 

There will be beds into April down here especially with the cold we had as N Florida Mike said. 

There ramps and docks all over to launch anything you got. 

If you need specific locations just post. 

 

 

 

Mike

 

Thanks, Mike.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can still catch some 10 lb hawgs prespawn in early March. Depends on some factors like was stated. Ive caught bass over 10lbs in both months while on vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going echo my fellow Floridians. This year looks like it will be a later spawn than normal. There is a canal off Lake Toho that the fish were moving into to bed. I went by today (first day back in the 70s), and found it empty. They all moved back into the main lake. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fishing_FF said:

I’m going echo my fellow Floridians. This year looks like it will be a later spawn than normal. There is a canal off Lake Toho that the fish were moving into to bed. I went by today (first day back in the 70s), and found it empty. They all moved back into the main lake. 

 

 

I love that lake!!

I know exactly where you're talking about 😀👍

 

If you haven't already, try where that canal widens out into the lake on both sides for about 50 yds. 

Some of the big girls hang out there before going in and stop before going out. 

 

 

 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk is getting me hyped up! Looking like a good weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope so. 

I'm fishing the BFL on Kissimmee Saturday. 

Warmed up just in time!

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike L said:

I hope so. 

I'm fishing the BFL on Kissimmee Saturday. 

Warmed up just in time!

 

 

 

Mike

Good luck out there! I love that place but it's so far from me. I only have a half a day Sunday so staying local (wife's bday). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DINK WHISPERER said:

Good luck out there! I love that place but it's so far from me. I only have a half a day Sunday so staying local (wife's bday). 

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both months are usually good for big bass in Central Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PB in my avatar was caught in March. I'm planning on coming down this spring and chase some big girls. Good luck anyone fishing the Fl paradise and be safe. We're still mostly frozen up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×