3 hours ago, Sportsking19 said:

Hi I was looking at the Revo MGXTREME2 and was wondering if it’s worth the money or if I should spend my money elsewhere 

This really depends on what you are looking to use the reel for. It is considered a finesse baitcasting reel due to its low drag ability. 

A friend of mine has one and says that it is good for 1/4 - 1/2 oz lures. He uses it for a variety of lures (worms, jigs, smaller swimbaits).

I just ordered one myself (260 USD) here: https://japanlureshop.com/reel/abu/revo/revo-mgxtreme.html

I just couldnt pass on the price for this light thing!

I think I will be using the reel on my Jerkbait / Ned Rig rod.

12# drag is low?  That's more than enough for just about any bass application.

3 minutes ago, J Francho said:

12# drag is low?  That's more than enough for just about any bass application.

lots of people have actually complained about the rating and said that it is more like 6

Then I would say, it's worth nothing.  For that $$$, it should work as stated.

2 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Then I would say, it's worth nothing.  For that $$$, it should work as stated.

Well it is still an awesome reel. Just not suited for applications where u need a lot of drag. Jerkbaits , open water bottom contact lures, etc.

I AGREE that it is a bit disappointing, but oh wel..

I own an MGXTREME2 and can honestly say I don’t think it’s worth the money. You can pic one up on the bay for much less that the msrp but if you’re paying full retail I don’t think it performs up to the price point. The steez or metanium mgl are far nicer reels similar price points. I’m not a fanboy of any reel company and I own reels from all companies mentioned. 

2 hours ago, redbirdsfan44 said:

I own an MGXTREME2 and can honestly say I don’t think it’s worth the money. You can pic one up on the bay for much less that the msrp but if you’re paying full retail I don’t think it performs up to the price point. The steez or metanium mgl are far nicer reels similar price points. I’m not a fanboy of any reel company and I own reels from all companies mentioned. 

I ordered one for 260 USD (including shipping), for 499 I wouldnt have ordered it. But hey, I want to try the lightest reel on the market and some people actually think that it throws further with less effort than a Steez SV TWS or a ANtares (see here: 

)

I was checking those mgx2 and ALX for a long time. I like small light weight reel that can handle light weight lure. After seeing some YouTube compare flagship reel of shimano, daiwa and Abu. I end up with another curado 70 (the third one) that I will use 1/4oz and up if lower than that I have SV105.

21 hours ago, freelancer27 said:

lots of people have actually complained about the rating and said that it is more like 6

What am I suppose to do with my original Fuegos?  They were tested under 6 lbs.  I imagine even with Carbontex drags they aren't making any where near 12 lbs. of drag.  My Scorpion 4 x 4 SVS was tested at a mere 3 pounds.  I suppose I would be lucky to give these reels away.  :( 

Guess I will just have to keep them.   :teeth:   :teeth:

• Haha 1