I have my next rod purchase narrowed down, but need help picking a model/brand. I want to add a 6'6" Med/Mod-F Spinning rod to the arsenal for throwing all kinds of smaller treble hook style baits. The shorter length is specifically for walking-the-dog and working jerkbaits. This is also to help with accuracy when throwing squarebill cranks at timber. I plan to use this rod with spooks, poppers, crankbaits and jerkbaits, all on the smaller end of the spectrum. Any suggestions? 

Honestly I would go somewhere you can put a ST Croix Premier series rod in your hand. I owned two of those rods in the past and they speced as 6 foot medium and fast action and a 6'6" medium/fast action  but they fished much more moderate.  Go check them out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fishnkamp said:

Honestly I would go somewhere you can put a ST Croix Premier series rod in your hand. I owned two of those rods in the past and they speced as 6 foot medium and fast action ans a 6'6" medium/fast action  but they fished much more moderate.  Go check them out.

I agree with this, the medium Premier rods are super versatile and will work awesome with the baits you listed off. 

• Like 1

Okay, so I've altered course slightly. I'm still looking for a rod to cover the aforementioned ground (water), but a casting rod instead of spinning. I've been checking out the Ike delay series rod by AG. It's a 6'4" med/mod specifically designed for throwing jerkbaits. I imagine it would also be great for spook-type lures. Does anyone have experience with this rod? I know people generally prefer longer rods for throwing crankbaits but I figure it can handle those better than my current rods. I notice it has a shorter handle, which might be handy when fishing from the kayak (which I do a lot). Any thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Topwaterdog said:

Okay, so I've altered course slightly. I'm still looking for a rod to cover the aforementioned ground (water), but a casting rod instead of spinning. I've been checking out the Ike delay series rod by AG. It's a 6'4" med/mod specifically designed for throwing jerkbaits. I imagine it would also be great for spook-type lures. Does anyone have experience with this rod? I know people generally prefer longer rods for throwing crankbaits but I figure it can handle those better than my current rods. I notice it has a shorter handle, which might be handy when fishing from the kayak (which I do a lot). Any thoughts?

I honestly feel you would get more answers for this if you started a separate thread.  Then people with some knowledge of the rod would be much more apt to open the thread to give an opinion.

Sorry but I can't help with that rod.  I just recently looked into the Ike delay series as a possibility for my next rod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, new2BC4bass said:

I honestly feel you would get more answers for this if you started a separate thread.  Then people with some knowledge of the rod would be much more apt to open the thread to give an opinion.

Sorry but I can't help with that rod.  I just recently looked into the Ike delay series as a possibility for my next rod.

Cool, thanks for the tip! Will do.