bigbassin'

Central Florida Spawn

Anyone seeing any bed fish yet?  I have yet to see any in Gainesville, I'm thinking this warm week should change that.

I was able to get out for an hour yesterday, and a saw quite a few in the shallows and swimming near beds. They didn’t care about baits being dragged through the beds. The hook ups I got where on crankbaits and swimbaits, so seems they are still prespawn still. 

3 hours ago, Fishing_FF said:

I was able to get out for an hour yesterday, and a saw quite a few in the shallows and swimming near beds. They didn’t care about baits being dragged through the beds. The hook ups I got where on crankbaits and swimbaits, so seems they are still prespawn still. 

My nephew and I are driving down to Orlando to fish some lakes around there next week.  (Virginia, Baldwin, Underhill...ect)

We are bringing kayaks.  I came down in March last year and fished the same lakes.

Fishing_FF,

I am a FF in Ohio and if you are interested in getting together Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to fish I would be interested.

• Like 1

Some guys were catching DD sight fishing in a central Fl lake last week.

• Like 1

They've been bedding on Istokpoga and Okee on and off since late Dec. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sdkohio said:

My nephew and I are driving down to Orlando to fish some lakes around there next week.  (Virginia, Baldwin, Underhill...ect)

We are bringing kayaks.  I came down in March last year and fished the same lakes.

Fishing_FF,

I am a FF in Ohio and if you are interested in getting together Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to fish I would be interested.

Sweet.....I’m actually planning on going out fishing Monday morning and afternoon. The only bad thing is I’m landlocked. I thought I had a kayak, but the seller neglected to tell me the “new” kayak was actually 2 years old and scratched up on the bottom from being used as a demo model. 

I’m not quite sure where I’ll end up fishing. Possibly Underhill, Starke, or hike to one of the Toho spawning canals. 

If if you need anything while you’re down here, just let me know!

• Like 1

They are starting up here in N.E  Fla.

Seeing little males setting up in traditional bedding areas and bottom getting fanned out. Caught a big female sat. In the same area. 

• Like 1

Update:

I saw a lot of males roaming around today, only saw one bed.  Since it's upper 70's to low 80's everyday up here for the next week, I'm guessing the spawn will be fully on by this weekend if not earlier in this particular pond.

There are many males preparing beds on the Winter Haven Chain.  Some big females have been caught lately but I have seen a large number of males caught on the 10th & 11th of February.  With the temps warming up I would suspect a munchfest starting any day now for the big female fish.  As of the 3rd & 4th I had found 2 beds in the usual places but never encountered any females just lots of bucks.