An insert on on of my guides fell out without me noticing and I lost it.  How big of a deal is it to be missing the insert if the guide is in the middle of the rod?  Is there anyway to buy a new insert at say bps and just superglue it back in, or would I need to take it to a rod repair shop if this is an issue that has to be fixed?

6 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

Your risking break offs. The whole guide needs replacing. 

Thanks for the reply, this is kind of what I figured after googling around.

Most good local tackle shops either have a guy that does that type of work, or know who to send you to.  I had a BR member in Tennessee that asked this same question last year. I live in MD, but know a good bit of Tennessee. It took me only 3 calls to find a shop near him. He said they charged about $20 for parts and labor if I remember correctly.

Yeah good luck if your in west TN.  I have yet to find someone I would trust.  The quality of loCal work I have seen would make me send it out either to a kown buidler or factory.

If I don't lose the insert or its not damaged I've epoxies the insert back in a few rods with rod builders epoxy. If it's damaged or lost I replace the whole guide. Shouldn't be much of a job for someone with a lil know how. Good luck