Our bass club is traveling to pickwick lake this weekend. I’ve never fished pickwick. I’ve heard it’s gonna take 20 lbs or more to win. Can anyone give me some pointers on some spots to try to get around that weight. Maybe some baits to try. Any help will be appreciated. We’ll be launching out of Waterloo boat ramp 

Bass fishing is tough right now due to the dingy water and below average temperatures. 

(I had to cancel a trip this week). However, my suggestions are for what is more typical 

this time of year.

Your launch location is generally a hot spot. Specifically Second Creek and the rip-rap

outside on both sides of the bridge. The next area I would focus on is Bear Creek,

downstream a few miles. 

Initially I would start with topwater, lipless cranks and The Rig.  Trust your electronics and

look for baitfish and bass on structure. If you find fish in deeper water (19') I have had great

luck with the BPS Tender Tube (#71), Rage Tail Structure Bug and Menace. 3/8 ounce Siebert

Outdoors jigs with a Rage Craw (PB&J) can also be killer! 

Note:  Most tournaments this time of year are won with The Rig. If it's working I would not

fish anything else.

-Kent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, how did you do?