MountainMan83

TDZ new in box eventual value

I recently bought a NIB tdz 103p, (with extra 6.3 gears and spare gigas spool) and was wondering what you guys think it could be worth down the road?

I've enjoyed collecting things since I was young; my first real passion was xmen/ marvel cards in the early 90's. My 10 or so mint complete series aren't worth squat...and that's okay. I didn't collect them to make money. I would bust this puppy right open if I hadn't acquired a tdz 103h a few months ago. Anyways, curious what you guys think. If anything, it could be some interesting trade fodder for whatever crazy reels come out in the future. Thanks!

A NIB TD-Z is a rare one. Unfortunately being rare doesn't equate to huge value. I guess huge value is relative but, for example, it isn't going to get you a Steez SV TW. These little gems go for 120 +/- used on forums. There's quite a few on ebay with prices all over the place. You don't see a lot for sale anymore though. They are amazing reels.It seems like for a while people were buying the beat up ones for almost nothing and having them painted. There's some custom gems out there. there's also countless dress up parts for them, too. It will take a long time to sell for the right price but there are certain collectors out there that look around for them. There isn't really a market value on it(BNIB TD-Z's). I would see somebody paying 250 for it but you might have to sit on it until the right person comes around. I'd be happy with 200 but if you don't need the money and the reel is in fact NIB, shelf it.  The sought after NIB TD-Z variants are the Ito, Ize personal orders, A.o.i, and the Type R+. I might be forgetting 1 or 2 off the top of my head. If you're a serious seller, I would post it over on TackleTour to get it in front of the right persons face. 

• Like 1

Appreciate the response and insight. You and rippin seen to be the guys to go to for daiwa info. I intend to sit on it. Maybe if I grow to be an old man, I'll have a nice brand new reel to fish with or pass on to a family member. 

A reel like that will hold its value as NIB and in the future, depending on the market, you could get what you paid for it so long as you didn't overpay but too much.  There are some varieties that command a higher value as mentioned but having an NIB TD-Z is always a nice option if you plan on hanging onto it.  I have a few NIB varieties myself including two NIB TD-Z 103 Ito's, a TD-Z 103H Type R, and a custom made TD-Z 105H/Ito hybrid with custom SLP parts (and others) and a Steez 103SHA spool in it.  I also have some NIB/LNIB Megabass reels and a NIB Steez Limited 105XH.  I  love collecting reels as well.

• Like 1