Is the shimano caenan good for throwing 1/2 to 3 oz baits

I don’t know if it would work well with heavier baits because of the graphite frame. Graphite frames will flex under a heavy load, I think you’d be fine but I’d be more concerned about a rod, do you have one that’s rated from 1/2-3 oz? I wouldn’t think you’d be able to throw that weight range on one setup.

No I don’t think anything over an ounce is going to be good for this reel. 

what would you guys recommend

Tatula 200hd can be had for fairly cheap off ebay

There are different grades of each material so don't go strictly on that. When you hear about graphite frames flexing it's not from casting anything. 1/2-3oz is a big range so you're looking at a dedicated rod so why not a reel too. I'd go with a basic round reel for the heavy stuff. An Ambassaduer or Cardiff are affordable. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TylerT123 said:

I don’t know if it would work well with heavier baits because of the graphite frame. Graphite frames will flex under a heavy load, I think you’d be fine but I’d be more concerned about a rod, do you have one that’s rated from 1/2-3 oz? I wouldn’t think you’d be able to throw that weight range on one setup.

I have a rod for that but would a diawa reel work because i heard they are part aluminum in the frame

It depends on which Daiwa model. Settle on an application and budget then look at different manufacturers models. 

3 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

It depends on which Daiwa model. Settle on an application and budget then look at different manufacturers models. 

Fuego, Tatula, tatula hd, millionare, Ct type R and quantum nova

3 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

Fuego, Tatula, tatula hd, millionare, Ct type R and quantum nova

9 minutes ago, TylerT123 said:

What reel do you have?

Diawa fuego

1 hour ago, Burros said:

I think a zillion sv will do the job

what about a tatula ct

It will work but it’s not optimal,What baits will you be throwing exactly? Swim baits?

On 3/17/2018 at 11:13 PM, Burros said:

It will work but it’s not optimal,What baits will you be throwing exactly? Swim baits?

glide baits, swimbaits and wakebaits and would you guys trust ebay for buying reels?

2 minutes ago, Lukie said:

glide baits, swimbaits and wakebaits and would you guys trust ebay for buying reels?

Find sellers with a lot of transactions and a high rating. Just bought my first reel from eBay and saved $70 versus TW price 

2 minutes ago, Dtrombly said:

Find sellers with a lot of transactions and a high rating. Just bought my first reel from eBay and saved $70 versus TW price 

thats what i was thinking thanks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lukie said:

I just had my first eBay purchase and the reel had a factory defect the seller refunded me. so just buy from a reputable seller if theirs any problems the seller will refund and exchange the product.