I have a custom aluminum jet boat that is not equipped with any sort of rod locker/storage compartment. There are two areas below the gunnels, on the port and starboard side that has room for multiple rods to lay on the floor. This is a good spot where they are out of the way and will not be stepped on. I'm looking for rod bags to store rods in those areas. Ideally I would like to find bags that can store a minimum of three to four rods with the reels attached. I will need a full length bag because most of my rods are not collapsible. The idea would be to slide them in and out as they are needed. I have searched online but haven't found what I'm looking for. I appreciate any suggestions, J

What about rod sleeves and reel covers?  I've seen similar sleeves for 2 piece rods and reels but never for full length.

• Like 1

I was looking for a process that would be a little faster transitioning between rods. I have only ever seen two piece rod cases as well, just thought someone might know of a product that would work. I think your solution might be my only option though. Thanks for the response.

Sounds like something redneck engineering could resolve. I'd need to see your boat for recommendations, but start by finding where the rods would go and what you could build on around those areas.

Check out the bps extreme rod caddy might work for you 

• Like 1

Rod bags are inexpensive and effective for transporting combos; I think I've had the same Red BPS Extreme Rod bag since 2001. They zip up nicely and hold about 8 to 10 Pre-Rigged Combos (7ft Max Length) for an easy solution. If you are worried about the graphite rods making impact with the aluminum floor, an $8 dollar Blue Foam sleeping Mat at Walmart will work great , just cut it to fit inside the bag or cut it down to fit the area over the boat floor. 

My grandson uses this one.  It  holds 8 combos,zips all the way down to expose all rods and reels. Close,zip it and good to go.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-extreme-combo-caddy-rod-and-reel-carrier?searchTerm=Bass Pro Shops Extreme Combo Caddy Rod and Reel Carrier

Ive got one of the bps rod caddy bags and I feel like it would work well for your situation!