I am in the market for a new boat. I am interested in a Lund renegade and am curious as to how it handles on the water. Especially in a little windier conditions. I haven’t really found anything online that shows actual performance reviews. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Im about 99% sure this will be my first boat (the 1875). I have pretty much priced out every brand online that can be priced and optioned, and IMO the best value is the renegade. Not to mention Lund's great reputation with building a quality alumuminum boat. What i also like about the renegade is its wide beam. There are other nice boats at good prices, but only have a 92" beam (VS 95" in the renegade). Now i have never owned a bass boat, but i would think the 4" of width would be important. As far as wind....depending on how windy you will still venture into.....pick up a MK trolling motor that has spot lock (i-pilot). Heard nothing but great things about the spot lock feature. IMO a renegade 1875 renegade with two Merc 115 4s, 8' power poles, MK Ultrex or Ulterra, HB helix 10 mega SI on bow and HB helix 9 si on console is a boat that will last me for many many years. And i would assume this can be had around or just under $30k. Look up posts/threads made by RenegadeBassin on here, he did a great write up on the renegade he bought. 

• Like 1

Xpress X and Hyperlift are all 95” beams. You won’t come in that $30k range, though. They’re a little more. 

5 hours ago, BassB8Caster said:

Im about 99% sure this will be my first boat (the 1875). I have pretty much priced out every brand online that can be priced and optioned, and IMO the best value is the renegade. Not to mention Lund's great reputation with building a quality alumuminum boat. What i also like about the renegade is its wide beam. There are other nice boats at good prices, but only have a 92" beam (VS 95" in the renegade). Now i have never owned a bass boat, but i would think the 4" of width would be important. As far as wind....depending on how windy you will still venture into.....pick up a MK trolling motor that has spot lock (i-pilot). Heard nothing but great things about the spot lock feature. IMO a renegade 1875 renegade with two Merc 115 4s, 8' power poles, MK Ultrex or Ulterra, HB helix 10 mega SI on bow and HB helix 9 si on console is a boat that will last me for many many years. And i would assume this can be had around or just under $30k. Look up posts/threads made by RenegadeBassin on here, he did a great write up on the renegade he bought. 

I hope you mean one Merc 115 4s not two. 

17 hours ago, Dwight Hottle said:

I hope you mean one Merc 115 4s not two. 

Yes of course. I went back in my paragraph and put that on the wrong side of the 2. The 2 belongs to the power poles. 

22 hours ago, J Francho said:

Xpress X and Hyperlift are all 95” beams. You won’t come in that $30k range, though. They’re a little more. 

Yes from all I've seen the xpress are more. If I remember correctly xpress does not build online. I also do not have a dealer anywhere close to me. But they are nice for sure. Plus have a thicker aluminum. 

Xpress doesn’t have an online build tool. You’re best bet is to work with a dealer to get the latest options. I bought my H18 used, from a guy on Long Island.