Lataman

Power Pole Adapter bracket

Hey all, I just got a Power Pole and debating if I want to mount myself or have a shop do it. My questions is related to the sandwich adapter bracket. I know I don't have to remove the motor completely to slip the bracket in. However, in doing this do I have to worry about anything else besides new sealant? Will loosening the 4 bolts cause me any issues? Would rather to it myself but I don't have an engine jack. Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!

1 pole or 2?  What year boat and motor type/size?  If 1 pole you still need to back out all of the transom bolts (which you'll need longer ones) to put in the spacer on the non-pole side.  So, you will need a lifting ring or some way to support the motor.  As an aside, I opted out of the sandwich brackets and went with the Jackplate mounts even though I had to drill the Jackplate because of the experience a friend of mine had with the the sandwich brackets always working loose.  Even with new bolts and nuts.  Whichever way you go reseal the new transom bolts well.

It's one pole and a 2011 Tracker 175txw with a 60hp merc. I don't have a jackplate and didn't want to put holes in the boat. I'll keep an eye out for that loosening. Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.