pauldconyers

Does this look right for a rod sleeve?

I have a 7'6" jig rod I wanted to get a rod sleeve for. I already have one for my 7'0" rod (the green rod sleeve in the picture) and it is the only experience I have with one. I went with the Rod Glove in the standard casting size and it says it is rated for up to 7'6" rods. In your experience is it "normal" for the sleeve to end so high compared to the reel level?  I just wanted some other opinions because as I said the only one I have stops right about the reel. And because the one I bought said up to 7'6" I was just curious if this is correct or not?

rsz_12018-08-21_174901.jpg

They are designed to fit roughly that way, but I prefer them to look more like your green one. Fitting all the way down to the reel by buying bigger and simply rolling it up to fit how I want. 

I don't care where they fit as long as they cover the rod eyes so they won't get damaged going in and out of the rod box.  I sometimes use shorter ones on rods that have cranks or tops rigged up to keep the hooks out of the sleeves.

• Like 4

I have the same one for my 7'6 E6X and yes, it stops just after the last guide I think. Its the way they are designed. I have used them inside a plano rod tube and it works well.

As long as it covers your guides then it’s good.

I like mine to go as low as possible. That's why I order the XL version. 

I like them atleast 6" up from the reel so that they do not hook the pre-rigged gear.

• Like 1