ryanwd3

What are some good locations in or around the Memphis, TN area to fish for winter bass?

I live in Germantown, TN but I am looking for good locations to fish in and around the Memphis, TN and Shelby County area during the winter. Do any of y'all have good suggestions? If you guys have good suggestions, what lures, flies, or baits did y'all use when fishing those locations?

Nashoba behind Chick File A

Grove Park near Houston Middle School

Halle Park and Johnson Park in Collierville

Lures:  Rage Tail Structure Bug, Jig/ Rage Craw and Sworming Hornet/ LFT Live Magic Shad

Thanks so much roadwarrior. I am more interested in fly fishing, and I was wondering if you have any good tactics for that. Should I use my sinking streamers or could I still catch bass on those topwater poppers?

Not during the winter, the fish are deeper.

I am new to this forum.  I am looking for kayak opportunities in Memphis area.  I have a 13' REVO that I use for fishing in gulf and some inshore when I vacation on 30a.  I don't use it much around here.  I fish Horseshoe, Picwick and Mississippi River (catfish) from my BassCat, but want to start fishing some out of my kayak.  Give me some ideas :).  BTW--does anyone fish Wapanoca (ARK) out of a kayak?

Thanks

On 11/29/2018 at 10:34 AM, ryanwd3 said:

Thanks so much roadwarrior. I am more interested in fly fishing, and I was wondering if you have any good tactics for that. Should I use my sinking streamers or could I still catch bass on those topwater poppers?

Just a heads up, they’ll be stocking the front pond at Johnson Park in Collierville and Cameron Brown in Germantown with trout soon, if they haven’t already.