Smalls

Dobyns, for the win

Not necessarily related to their rods, but felt like I had to give them a shout out. I haven’t used the rod, yet, other than making a few casts in the back yard. It definitely looks good, and feels great so far. 

Bought a new Fury from TW, and it came with a pretty cool little EVA rod tip protector for shipping. I really appreciated the extra care they put in making sure my rod got to me in good condition, and I really liked the tip protector. A lightbulb popped in my head, and I thought “I definitely need more of these, especially for when I travel with a bunch of rods”. 

I googled, but couldn’t find anything like it, so I emailed Dobyns customer service, and asked where I might find some. 

I got an email back from them asking me how many I needed. Long story short, they sent me about 7 or 8 of em free of charge. I’m sure they aren’t expensive, and they probably order them by the ton, but that meant a lot to me.

They were also very responsive and quick to get back to me, even though I didn’t have a real problem. That kind of service is worth gold, in my book. 

I’ll probably end up ordering a shirt or hat off their website this week, just as a thanks to the company. 

• Like 4

I've heard nothing but good things from people who interact with Dobyns beyond just buying their stuff. I have a couple Furys as well and they are great rods. 

Yep, I love those little tip covers they use. I went a different route instead of emailing, I just bought a bunch of their rods instead 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, fishballer06 said:

Yep, I love those little tip covers they use. I went a different route instead of emailing, I just bought a bunch of their rods instead 😎

Easier and cheaper that way.  :rofl_red:

8 hours ago, fishballer06 said:

Yeah, this is my first Dobyns, though. I figured I’d test it out a bit first before I went that route 😂

I love my fury but the sierra is on sale at the same price as the fury on TW.  I'd return the fury and get the sierra if they have the model in stock.  

41 minutes ago, Deeare said:

I love my fury but the sierra is on sale at the same price as the fury on TW.  I'd return the fury and get the sierra if they have the model in stock.  

I agree with OP.  I have had a fury for a few months and honestly haven't been super impressed.  Picked up a sierra from TW and the build quality and sensitivity of the sierra is much, much better.  I'll likely be picking up another, the 734C.  

8 minutes ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

I agree with OP.  I have had a fury for a few months and honestly haven't been super impressed.  Picked up a sierra from TW and the build quality and sensitivity of the sierra is much, much better.  I'll likely be picking up another, the 734C.  

I wish they offered the swimbait rods in the sierra lineups. 

1 hour ago, Deeare said:

They don’t. I ordered a 705CB. 

21 minutes ago, Smalls said:

They don’t. I ordered a 705CB. 

Should serve you well.  I use my 703 fury for smaller reaction baits and it is great for that.  The sierra is more sensitive but it doesn't matter for cranking.

2 hours ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

Should serve you well.  I use my 703 fury for smaller reaction baits and it is great for that.  The sierra is more sensitive but it doesn't matter for cranking.

I was going to order the Sierra, because of the pricing. But I didn’t see any cranking sticks.