Usmcjon

Fishing Chesdin tomorrow

Hello all, I'm fishing Lake Chesdin tomorrow. Haven't fished since early October and will be my first time fishing it during winter months? Should I focus more on steep drop offs, certain points? Ideas for baits? Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Did you have any luck today? I’m sure the lake was high and muddy like it’s been the past couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, LonnieP said:

Did you have any luck today? I’m sure the lake was high and muddy like it’s been the past couple of weeks. 

X2

Never got the chance to. Unfortunately had some family stuff that came up. I live on the lake. It's up about a foot to a foot and a half now. But I've caught some decent fish in not so great conditions. Also, on an unrelated topic to this, I'm getting tired of fishing by myself all the time. Pretty new to this forum stuff, is there anywhere on here to look up something like a fishing buddy or something?

• Like 1

there are a bunch of people that live in the area.  I am sure if you posted up a request for someone to fish with you could find someone.  I still need to get out and fish there at some point.

14 hours ago, Usmcjon said:

Never got the chance to. Unfortunately had some family stuff that came up. I live on the lake. It's up about a foot to a foot and a half now. But I've caught some decent fish in not so great conditions. Also, on an unrelated topic to this, I'm getting tired of fishing by myself all the time. Pretty new to this forum stuff, is there anywhere on here to look up something like a fishing buddy or something?

Of course there are guys in the greater Richmond geographical area who would love to fish with you.

And you may want to consider joining a local bass club in the tri-cities area.

Look at the top of this page for "Links" and then "Bass Clubs" and then the list which gives you the Virginia B.A.S.S. Federation Regions 3 and 6 bass clubs and contact them.

Just remember they don't return your calls or emails very fast, if ever.

Here are Cavin Young's emails. I think he may be retired now but you may want to contact him:

Cavin Young <cavin.young@advansix.com>; Cavin.Young@Honeywell.com

Cavin is a great guy; a sensational bass fisherman; and he can give you guidance on local bass clubs.

You can also attend the Richmond Fishing Expo this January and visit the Virginia B.A.S.S. Federation and the TBF booths and get some information on their clubs.  http://www.richmondfishingexpo.com/

Good luck.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:16 PM, Usmcjon said:

I have been wanting to fish Chesdin. I fish in a kayak though. I like in Yorktown. It’s a heck of a ride to go float around and talk to myself all day. If you’re interested in fishing sometime, let me know! 

Sam, thank you for the helpful information.  And I do plan on going to the expo this weekend. Igotwood, that could work one day. If you want, shoot me a message on here if you can. 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, Usmcjon said:

Hello all, I'm fishing Lake Chesdin tomorrow. Haven't fished since early October and will be my first time fishing it during winter months? Should I focus more on steep drop offs, certain points? Ideas for baits? Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Have you seen the latest issue of Woods and Water magazine?

It is a free publication that you can pick up at Dick's and BPS and Green Top plus other outlets.

Check it out each month as they cover fishing the Chickahominy and other rivers and lakes.