TSparger

Suggestions on Fish Finder

So I have some bonus money coming my way and have landed on either a HB Solix, Helix or Lowrance HD Live and can't make up my mind.  I like the touchscreen feature which is one of the reasons I like the Solix and Live units aside from their beautiful screens.  Can I get some input from folks that preferably have experience with these units and what features you like best about them.  I've heard the transducer that will really make the Live units live won't be out until sometime in March so there may not be much experience with those out there now.  Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm very happy with my two Solix.  I''ve used Lowrance products in the past and had no complaints.   The reasons I choose to switch to Humminbird were these.  They have HD Lakemaster maps for the lakes I fish, they integrate with my MinnKota trolling motor, and I use 360 imaging.  I know Lowrance is coming out with a trolling motor and live view so the comparisons may look very different this time next year. 

I use Garmin but whatever you get, don’t skimp. Not a good feeling being out there and going ‘dang I should’ve got the one that had the....’

I went Hbird to get the integration with Lakemaster/MinnKota.  Spot lock, follow the contour, go to waypoint, etc... are great.  Plus I like the Mega imaging/side imaging a tad better than Lowrance.  

Ha, but then I opted for Garmin/LiveScope in the bow over 360 imaging... so I guess I’m not a brand loyalist either.  Gotta get what fits your fishing style - -