tstone870

GARMIN STRIKER PLUS 7SV

Hey guys, I would like to hear your thoughts on the Striker Plus 7SV. I had finally decided on a Striker Plus 5CV for my little 2-man Bass Hunter boat. But now I can get a refurbished 7SV for $20 more than the 5cv. I originally thought the SV feature wasn't worth the extra $$ for my purposes but for $20 maybe it is. If it matters I plan on making it a portable unit by putting the transducer on an old TM mount. I know the SV transducer is quite a bit larger than the CV. Thoughts?? Thanks for any help.

I don’t have a Striker unit but have an Echomap and for $20 more you can’t go wrong. The more options the merrier! 

For $20, I'd go with the bigger screen.  But a refurbed Plus?  They haven't been out too terribly long.

SE Kansas grass grower

4 hours ago, Sprocket said:

For $20, I'd go with the bigger screen.  But a refurbed Plus?  They haven't been out too terribly long.

SE Kansas grass grower

Yeah I'm thinking the bigger screen is worth the 20 bucks. My eyes ain't what they used to be. :)

The Plus just adds the Quickdraw Map feature. But for $20 to add the larger screen and sideview...?

Obvious

I'm upgrading both of my units this winter and went with a 5cv at the bow and a 9sv plus at the console.

Can't wait for open water now!

23 minutes ago, Smokinal said:

The Plus just adds the Quickdraw Map feature. But for $20 to add the larger screen and sideview...?

Obvious

I'm upgrading both of my units this winter and went with a 5cv at the bow and a 9sv plus at the console.

Can't wait for open water now!

Smokinal that's what I'm thinking. Doubt I'd ever use the Quickdraw feature anyway. Hope ya'll thaw soon.:D

• Thanks 1

Go BIG I have a 7” screen and wish it was 20” side scan needs a bigger screen unless you have eagle eyes bigger is better