waymont

Daiwa Tatula 150 mini review

I know there's be quite a bit of discussion regarding the new Tatula 100, but I haven't seen much written about the 150.

I have been going through my gear getting ready for spring, and was kind of amazed at how clean and untouched the Tatula 150 was.

I used this reel for most of last season and it was pretty dirty. It was mostly used as a jig/texas rig reel with 15lb line.

It still feels and looks like it's new after cleaning it up. When I first got it it felt kind of heavy to me, but once it's on a rod it balances well and feels super solid.

It's crazy smooth reeling under pressure and casts really well. It was my first reel with the T-wing. I later got a Tatula 100 too.

The Magforce Z cast control is great, and really easy to dial in. It's so much quieter during reeling than my 100. The 100 makes kind of a metal on metal gear sound when winding. It's still really smooth, just makes some noise. I guess the metal side plates add some weight and solidness to the feel.

Over all I think is an excellent reel. In the photo it's mounted on my old Loomis Bronzeback 6'9" rod that I love.tat150.thumb.JPG.d1c5cc55dbca98e7a089c755959b37ea.JPG