Shane Y

CV vs GT garmin transducer

I went to buy one of the models of the echomap 93sv plus with the old transducer that was on sale but everybody was sold out. Bass pro and cabelas so I pulled the trigger on the 999.00 dollar one with the gt52 transducer.  I still wish I could have caught the sale but the guy at garmin said that there is no difference in the image quality with those transducers unless your fishing very deep water 150+ feet. I'll never do that. Anybody have any first hand experience? Is the gt52 transducer worth the extra cash? Also what's the size on the transducers? 

I currently run both transducers.  All in all there is very little difference at 20' or less (which is 90% of my bass fishing).  The CV does not have a dedicated down element, just the two sides that meet in the middle whereas the GT has the two side elements along with the dedicated down one.  For most of us in a side by side comparison it would be difficult to see much difference between the two at this depth.  Deeper, I don't know.  I've heard the GT is much better in deeper water.

SE Kansas grass grower

That's pretty much what the Garmin rep told me. He asked me how deep I plan to fish, I said "I wouldn't even consider fishing in 100 ft. Of water"....he said there would be absolutely no difference even at 100 feet. Mine should be here Friday. Maybe me (with the gt52) and someone else (with the cv) should compare pictures on here at the same depths. 

That's what was explained to me via Garmin as well. Cabelas and Bass Pro have the 93sv on sale. If you call into Cabelas, you might be able to get it. I saw that it wasn't listed on their site but when I called in I got it at the sale price.

I called them and they said they were sold out as well. Mine should be here tomorrow,  its got the gt52 transducer but I really wish I could have saved the money by catching the sale. 

On 2/20/2019 at 4:30 AM, Shane Y said:

I went to buy one of the models of the echomap 93sv plus with the old transducer that was on sale but everybody was sold out. Bass pro and cabelas so I pulled the trigger on the 999.00 dollar one with the gt52 transducer.  I still wish I could have caught the sale but the guy at garmin said that there is no difference in the image quality with those transducers unless your fishing very deep water 150+ feet. I'll never do that. Anybody have any first hand experience? Is the gt52 transducer worth the extra cash? Also what's the size on the transducers? 

The Echomap 93sv plus shows as in stock on BPS as I type this message. If that's what you really wanted then just order it online and return the other unit. Your wish will be granted if you act fast enough.

That's weird. I actually placed the order for the "on sale" unit and put in my card number and all. Everything went through and then about 10 minutes later I got an email saying it couldn't be processed.  I called bass pro and asked why and they told me that its because the one they had on sale, the 93sv plus with the CV transducer was out of stock. The only one available was the 93sv plus with the new "gt52" transducer.