LCG

Carbonlite 2.0 for jigs, Texas rigs, chatterbaits, and spinnerbaits

Going to be picking up a carbonlite 2.0 casting rod next week. Looking for recommendations between the 6'9" Mh-xf and the 7' mh-f. Not sure how fast their actions are. Looking to use braid to mono leader. I generally prefer a stout rod but don't want to risk losing fish. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

I have s 6’6” mh/f and I really like it. Plenty sensitive for bottom contact and It has also worked well for spinner and cranks. It’s a well rounded rod. I will by more of them. 

• Thanks 1

I have some of the spinning rods and there 7ft mh-f and love it.Great for spinnerbaits and t-rigs.Have it spooled with 14 lb flouro.They are a great rod for the money.I think you will really like it.I like the 7ft rod it fits me the best.

• Thanks 1

I’d go with the 7’, it should have a softer tip, which should be better with braid so you don’t rip the hook out of the fish’s mouth

If you fish from the bank think about the terrain. A 7’ rod can be tough cause of trees,bushes and stuff. 

• Thanks 1

The 7' MH/Fast is a good do all rod and would be best since your going to use it with chatterbaits, spinnerbaits. I also throw football jigs, swim jigs, large spooks and traps with it when needed. The 6'9" MH/XF makes a really nice texas rig rod but it's too limited in other areas.

Thank you for everyones input. Does anyone know how the Carbonlite actions compare to st Croix? 

I have the previous gen carbonlite 6'9" MH/XF and it's very specific to texas & jig and does it well but if you must also throw chatterbait and spinnerbait, the action is too fast.

7' is probably better choice if you want to throw chatterbait and spinnerbaits as well.

• Thanks 1

I have many Carbonlites, older and the 2.0 and I have stuck with fast tips to give me what I want in performance.  Mine are a mix of 6'6" MH fast tips, 7' MH fast tips, 7' med fast tips and 7' med  and one 7'2" spinning fast tip rods..  Lovin' those rods for Potomac fishing.

• Thanks 1

Well I went to bass pro today and still couldn't decide, so I ended getting both the 6'9 MH-XF and the 7' MH-F casting rods. Love the grips, very comfy. 

I am seriously debating about getting the 6'8 M-XF spinning rod as well. With the trade in deal they are offering, its a hard deal to pass up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCG said:

Well I went to bass pro today and still couldn't decide, so I ended getting both the 6'9 MH-XF and the 7' MH-F casting rods. Love the grips, very comfy. 

Perfect! 6'9" for jigs & texas rigs and 7'0" for spinnerbaits & chatterbaits 😁

Grats on the new rods!

29 minutes ago, LCG said:

I am seriously debating about getting the 6'8 M-XF spinning rod as well. With the trade in deal they are offering, its a hard deal to pass up. 

I have the 6’8” M-XF casting except it is the Johnny Morris signature series (one model up I believe) and it is an amazing rod. I greatly prefer casting over spinning rods so I use it for things that a lot of people would use a spinning rod for like wacky rigs, Neko rigs, etc. but will fish slightly heavier stuff as well like small jigs and small Texas rigs.  I will see though this year as I have upgraded my spinning rod so I might decide to use spinning more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ResoKP said:

Perfect! 6'9" for jigs & texas rigs and 7'0" for spinnerbaits & chatterbaits 😁

Figured keep 15lb big game on the MH-XF for Texas rigs and jigs. 30lb braid on the MH-F for spinner baits and chatterbaits or Texas rigs/jigs in heavier cover.