Ok guys, I’m new to this site so if it’s already been covered I apologize. I’m looking to start making my own rod socks, rather than pay 6+ for them. I have seen varying reports of guys using 1” or 3/4” for casting rods. I have a mix of both micro guide and standard guide rods and would prefer to not have a very loose fit on any of my rods, but don’t want to buy multiple sizes of braided sleeve. Has anyone tried this? Any tips are appreciated!

I'm lazy...and lack sewing skills...and patience.   But if I were motivated to make my own, I wouldn't use weave material.  I would try light fabric and or polysomething material.  Plastic weaves are better than nothing, but those without visible weave are so much better.

I would buy one from Rosie's Rod Pockets and one from 6thSense and try to replicate one or both.  

There is an article about this on one of the popular fishing websites that just came out. I don’t think that I am allowed to link it bc the site changed the link. If you google *** DIY rod sleeves I think it is the first result. 

3 minutes ago, microotter said:

There is an article about this on one of the popular fishing websites that just came out. I don’t think that I am allowed to link it bc the site changed the link. If you google DIY rod sleeves I think it is the first result. 

That’s where I got the idea to do my own. *** posted a story about it, I was more curious about which sizes guys have tried and what worked best for other people