BigBass'n_Harrison

Fenwick Aetos 6'9 M vs 6'8 MH

Hi... looking the Fenwick Aetos for skipping around light cover/docks with 1/4-3/8 oz jigs and 3/16 oz t rigs and probably pulling double duty with spinner baits sometimes. And as a smaller rod for my kayak fishing. I've heard that the Aetos run heavy, but there wasn't a ton of confirmation of that so I wanted to get some opinions. Is the M going to be enough for this or is there no harm in going to the MH? Mainly worried the MH will be too over powered for spinnerbaits and 3/16 oz t rigs. 

What are your thoughts on this? 

You probably need to handle both... or talk to someone who has those two exact rods.  I have 7MHF casting, and 6.5 and 7 MF spinning Aetos.   

I don't know that they seem particularly heavy.  But I probably wouldn't use my MHF for 1/4 jigs.  I have several MF rods better suited for light jigs.  I don't know for sure for you, or anyone else, but if I was buying an Aetos primarily for jigs under 3/8, I'd look want to handle a MF first, as that's likely a good choice.

I will also add that MH Aetos is a fantastic spinnerbait/chatterbait rod.

1 hour ago, Choporoz said:

You probably need to handle both... or talk to someone who has those two exact rods.  I have 7MHF casting, and 6.5 and 7 MF spinning Aetos.   

I don't know that they seem particularly heavy.  But I probably wouldn't use my MHF for 1/4 jigs.  I have several MF rods better suited for light jigs.  I don't know for sure for you, or anyone else, but if I was buying an Aetos primarily for jigs under 3/8, I'd look want to handle a MF first, as that's likely a good choice.

I will also add that MH Aetos is a fantastic spinnerbait/chatterbait rod.

Okay cool thank you! I'll see if I can find them anywhere near me as bass pro only has them online.