Shortstak1124

Why not to buy from Bass Pro Shops

I ordered a combo from bass pro shops about 2 weeks ago. They say they offer two day shipping but it took 5 days to get here(business days). Then when it got here the box was in very very poor condition and the rod tip was broken. I requested a new one and a week later they shipped it out. Again it took more than two days this time taking 3 days. When I got home this time the box it came in had no top on it and was extremely flimsy. Can you guess the rod condition?? It was snapped in half!!! Absolutely ridiculous for bass pro/fedex to allow this to happen multiple times. Wanted to share my experience andsince it happened twice I’d assume I’m not the only one...

Idk why but I could only upload the second rod on here. But you get the picture.

5BDF4854-D384-48EA-BCA5-5E4C087AFE7B.jpeg

I ordered a reel off eBay that was stolen from bass pro and bass pro tried making me take the loss even though it wasn’t my responsibility. After like 3 hours of hassle with them they finally let it go. Huge hassle, someone even said they would call me back and then left without calling back.

Sorry to hear about your problems with bps. All I can say is that I have had great service from them. On several occasions 

1 minute ago, FishOn!GetTheNet said:

Sorry to hear about your problems with bps. All I can say is that I have had great service from them. On several occasions 

Me too.

Welcome aboard, @Shortstak1124.

It is unfortunate you have this problem, but best to take it up with

Bass Pro Shops. I have ordered rods from them, usually ship-to-store,

and never experienced your issue.

As well, BassResource frowns upon posts bashing retailers.

From the FAQ: https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/guidelines/

I have a dispute with 'company X'. Can I post about it here?
While we can empathize with your frustration, the best course of action is deal directly with the company. Escalate it up the ladder, file a grievance with PayPal or Ebay (if they were involved with the transaction). File a mail fraud complaint with the post office. There are other options, but attacking the company in a public forum is not appropriate nor allowed. Such posts will be removed.

10 minutes ago, Darren. said:

BassResource frowns upon posts bashing retailers.

From the FAQ: https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/guidelines/

I have a dispute with 'company X'. Can I post about it here?
While we can empathize with your frustration, the best course of action is deal directly with the company. Escalate it up the ladder, file a grievance with PayPal or Ebay (if they were involved with the transaction). File a mail fraud complaint with the post office. There are other options, but attacking the company in a public forum is not appropriate nor allowed. Such posts will be removed.

Yep, we're done here.

LOCKDOWN!!