Hello, 

My outboard in a Nissan 9.9 9C 1993. I have a Michigan Match # 142017, which appears to be the correct replacement. The oem prop, which is dead, came off easily. They appear to be the same and the thrust washer is installed fine... The new prop fits very snug. I gently tapped it on with a wood 2x. It appears the outside of the prop is tight to the inside of the lower unit housing. It start and goes into gear and continues without stalling. But, turning by hand is noticeably tight. When shifting to neutral, the prop stops dead. This new prop has a nice thick paint job or whatever coating and the old has nearly none... if this maters.

What do you think?

Thanks

You should be able to turn the prop easily with the engine in neutral, you may have over tightened the hub nut or you may need added spacer washers. The hub nut should have a lock washer with ears tabs that fold into slots to mechanically lock the nut when snug. I am not familiar with your specific engine, some engines use a cotter pin to lock the nut and incorporate a shear pin. 

Tom

Turns out it is the wrong prop. After much online research, which all had this model prop as the correct one , michigan said this number was discontinued and was not a replacement for that engine. The number is on the hub and clear. All retailers had my engine listed as a fit. Should havr gone to Michigan, the source, first.