freelancer27

Am I stupid to buy a Steez A and swap the spool with my new Morethan?

Hi all,

I have the new Morethan that I am using on my heavy Jig rod with 16# Fluro. Great reel and works and looks beautifully with my Steez XBD Frog rod. Only little prob that I have is that the line capacity on the Morethan's stock spool is a bit on the low side.

Since I want to get a new reel for my 1/2oz Jig rod I am considering buying a Steez A 8.1:1. I would then swap the spool of the Steez A with the spool of the Morethan, since the Steez A's should hold quite a bit more line.

I am wondering if there is anything that I should be aware of before making this switch. The Morethan's spool looks a bit different (it seems to have added 'stabilizers', if I understand this correct).

Any thoughts?

Thanks all!

Buy whatever your budget allows you to do, it's your money.

Tom

• Like 1

You could probably just buy the spool itself to try it out (I don't know if the Steez A spool will fit in the new Morethan PE 1000 though) unless you really need another reel. I would make sure they are interchangeable first though and if they are, wouldn't be a bad idea to have both reels (I got both but my Morethan is on its way...)

3 hours ago, ResoKP said:

You could probably just buy the spool itself to try it out (I don't know if the Steez A spool will fit in the new Morethan PE 1000 though) unless you really need another reel. I would make sure they are interchangeable first though and if they are, wouldn't be a bad idea to have both reels (I got both but my Morethan is on its way...)

I need a new reel as well. So was wondering to hit two birds with one stone. Probably a more expensive stone that I need to..

But again its fishing. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, you're stupid, but so what? You're not doing anything I didn't do ten times over just to find out what something was like. So I'm stupid, you're stupid and 90% of all of us here are stupid. We love it, don't we? We don't spend it on crack, we spend it like you said on fishing. I think that's a pretty d**n good way to be stupid! If you learn some things the hard way as you go on ..... well, I'm proof that it doesn't kill ya. Good luck and have fun! 😊😊 jj

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Steez A will accept Zillion spools 1016 SV, for the time I switched spools between a zillion and my Steez A and it will work. Its like a poor mans Steez SV if you will lol! If you got the money knock yourself out. I bought my Steez A on ebay for 359.99 and sold it for 300 or 350. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjoe said:

We don't spend it on crack

That's what I told my wife. She said "Might be cheaper to buy crack" :D

• Haha 3

People have been telling me I’m stupid for choices I make fishing more than anyone ever said “wow, that’s a great idea.” You could get a lot of applications out of a single reel by using different rods and spools. I do it. But usually reverse, by getting a shallower spool or lighter spool. Some of my reels have duplicate spools to switch from braid to fluoro. Bottom line, it’s up to you. Just go out and have fun.