For those of you who store your bass boat outside and winterize it, when does it become safe to de-winterize?

Do you wait until the morning temps (lows) are above 32 degrees?

Where I am, temps are at least high 40s, low 50s throughout the day - but the overnight/mornings sometimes still drop below freezing.

If I take the boat out this weekend for the first time, you think I'm at any risk for anything freezing during outdoor storage?

I'm likely being overly paranoid...

I never winterize because I have access to a nuke power plant cooling lake in the winter.  I just make sure my livewells and lines are empty of water.  I drain my speedo and Water Pressure gauges after every trip.  We get plenty of cold weather/snow in between trips.  You will be fine.  

jan22.jpg

Dewinterize?

When you're done, drain the live well and trim the motor straight to let the water drain. You can burp the motor if you want. I usually leave the livewell hatches open so they don't freeze shut.

Toxic is right.  My boat is also stored outdoors with the fuel topped off and as soon as I am comfortable with the air temps for my own comfort, I just uncover it, load my gear drop it in the river, crank it up, let it run for 5 minutes and take off.