Sign in to follow this  
bassinri

Trolling Motor Vibration

Hello All. I have a Minn Kota Endura 30 on my boat. I was out 2 days ago and picked up a whole bunch of someones discarded fishing line in the trolling motor. I got home took it all out and went back out yesterday. I now have a terrible vibration at top speed. I did notice the shear pin had a slight bend in it. The line was all wrapped up in front of and behind where the shear pin is put through the drive shaft. Does anyone think that could cause the vibration? Has this happened to anyone? The shaft didnt get bent or anything. Thanks all.

Fishing line in those props is nasty. Make sure you take the prop off and give it a thourough inspection. I have seen the line chew right through the prop shaft itself when its on there long enough. Check your prop for chips, and check your prop shaft to make sure its alright.

Bassinri, you already have the answer to your question.  A bent drive pin will cause vibration.  They are very easy to replace and the kits are relatively inexpensive.  Just do a web search for Minn Kota drive pins and you'll find them.  

Bassinri,

You'll need to purchase the "Prop Nut Kit A". They run about $14. Or if you replace the entire prop (about $30) a new one will come stuck in the instructions in the back of the prop.

If your prop is ok and you just need the pin drop me a pm and I'll drop one in the mail to you. We recently lost the prop off our TM last outing (don't ask I don't know how we did it either" so when I bought a new prop  a pin came with it that I didn't use. I'd be happy top send it out to you.

Bill