Sign in to follow this  
ultralightning88

Not your normal fishing boat.

Im trying to procure a kayak for fishing out of since i go on a small river by myself, making the jonboat to much of a hassel. Anybody know of a good kayak for fishing out of?

-Thanks

I have an Ocean Kayak (2 man) which is similar to this. If you're interested, it's for sale:

http://www.oceankayak.com/kayaks/angler_editions/prowler_trident_15_angler.html

8-)

Kayaks are great for fishing!  I use a Prolwer 13.  I'd recommend you check out kfs.com.  It is all about kayak fishing and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about it.  There are so many ways to rig up kayaks and help bass fishing (especially on those awesome smalle waters) and the best part for me, is there is no gas cost involved!  Strap it to the top of your hybrid and you're good to go.

Fishing out of a kayak is a ton of fun. I fish bass to salmon, and find steelhead to be the most challenging. It is a blast to get into a fish that you have to beach because it is too big to lift into the boat. I am using a boat from <kingfisherelectricboats.com>. Take a look and see if it is for you.

Won't let me post a link until I've posted 10 times on here so...

nativewatercraft.....com...

Lame..

But, my dad and I just bought two of the Ultimate 12 footers and they are great for smallies on the James River!

Hobie Revolution is a great fishing platform, and the Mirage drive will let you get onto bigger water without tiring out from paddling.  I have a jon boat that stays on my lake.  Whenever I fish other waters, I take the kayak and throw it on the rack on my car.

Check out KFS (Kayak Fishing Stuff) on the web.  They are great guys and can help you with kayak decisions.