Jonny15678

Terminal tackle storage

Looking for a utility box to store my ewg hooks and weights. I would like to store all of this together in one single box. Any ideas which boxes would hold all this? I was looking at the Gamakatsu G box utility 3700.

2/0 to 5/0 Superline EWGs

2/0 to 5/0 Regular wire EWGs

3/0 and 4/0 Offset Worm hooks

2/0 to 5/0 Straight shank hooks 

Bullet weights and bobber stoppers

2/0 wacky rig hooks

I use Plano 4600 boxes, 1 for finesse hooks, weights, beads and 1 for larger hooks and  weights. The 4600 is a 2 story box with latchs separating the 2 halves. I put hooks on the top half, weights on the bottom. Used these for 3 years without any issues.

1 size 4700, same as 3700, would everything listed.

Tom

• Like 1

I don't know if this would work for you, but I use this small Plano utility box. It's pretty small but carries more hooks than I'll go through in several days fishing. It easily fits into a side pocket of my main tackle box. The dividers allow you to make compartments for almost all sizes of hooks. I don't have to bring every hook I own and saves a ton of space. It's about 4.5" square x 1.4" high Model #107000

grey utility box.png

• Like 1

I us a Bass Mafia 3700 series box. I like how the dividers are set up and it holds pretty much all of terminal tackle with the exception of a few Technique Specific stuff. I have all of my drop shot stuff in one smaller box, All of my wacky rig stuff in a 3700 with the stick baits I use in there with my oring and tool, and a box for my hollow body frogs and rage toads with the hooks in there. The rest of my terminal tackle is in the Bass Mafia box and I continue to add stuff to it. I am about to have to get another box for weights but I hate having to open 2 different boxes to rig say a carolina rig but I am starting to run out of room.