Jump to content
flat

Abandoned lure thread

Recommended Posts

When the fishing is slow I look a little harder for lures that were abandoned in trees along the river. My wife spotted this Xcalibur xcs200 yesterday. Post up your latest find.

20190616_124734.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Idea for a thread! Here is my latest find!

Jitterbug

image.png.72cd6ea930c84bcdc5c2c6a79b4e72e9.png

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20190616_195749750-612x816.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice finds! I found an old flicker shad this afternoon, the hooks were rusted off.

Resized_20190616_201556.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone finds a customized Zara Spook (bone/red gills/orange belly, with hand tied feathered treble and oval split ring), I'm offering $20 for its return.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No pics for this thread at the moment, but 3 of the last 5 river trips have netted a Booyah lipless crankbait in a craw color, a KVD suspending jerkbait (today), and a Shimano Clarus paired with a Shimano Sonora I pulled out of the river. The lipless was in perfect condition, the rod is in good shape, the reel is trash, and the jerkbait needs new hooks if I ever care to use it. Personally I think it's foolish to use a lipless or a jerkbait in a rocky, snaggy river that averages 3-4 feet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty good haul, though it brings back painful memories of a $300 rig that was pulled overboard by a suspected walleye when I was worm fishing. That finally pushed me to buy some $50 set ups. The hole in my arsenal is still there though, it was never replaced, I need a minute here...:sad-023:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is off-season for me. I find most of mine in during fall/winter. I haven't found anything for a while now, I've lost more than I've found recently.

 

What I really want to find now is a wireless sonar fish finder. That would be like finding the holy grail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Glaucus said:

 

 

Never mind, got confused on brands, and can't figure out how to delete the post.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fin said:

This is off-season for me. I find most of mine in during fall/winter. I haven't found anything for a while now, I've lost more than I've found recently.

 

What I really want to find now is a wireless sonar fish finder. That would be like finding the holy grail.

Same here, after the leaves fall it's like Christmas.  The half dozen or so I've found this spring were mostly deposited by spring flooding. Wireless sonar? Hmmm, that's a new one to me, but keeping up with the latest fishing stuff has been on the back burner the past decade or so.

4 hours ago, TheRodFather said:

 

I'm pretty new here but yes, most everything has been done before- ha ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this one in Murphy lake.  I was running a crank through a couple of stumps. All of a sudden I Snagged and to my surprised as I reeled. I was bringing in the snag to the boat.  Get my crank to the boat and notice it’s snagged on fishing line.  So I hand line the line back and this rapala was on the end of the line.

 

 She kinda beat. But, the only thing that makes me not want to re-use it is the line tie going into the bill is all rusted. I think it was done there for a while.  So now I’m using it to pin jig shack business cards to my garage wall over the work bench. 

D16C20C3-2A02-45A8-B20B-9B86C8EDEB60.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mbirdsley said:

the only thing that makes me not want to re-use it is the line tie going into the bill is all rusted.

Judging by the rest of the hardware, that line tie is fine. There was probably a snap swivel or something like that rusted off. That rust will come off the lip. I'd be replacing the hooks and throwing that lure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mbirdsley said:

Found this one in Murphy lake.  I was running a crank through a couple of stumps. All of a sudden I Snagged and to my surprised as I reeled. I was bringing in the snag to the boat.  Get my crank to the boat and notice it’s snagged on fishing line.  So I hand line the line back and this rapala was on the end of the line.

 

 She kinda beat. But, the only thing that makes me not want to re-use it is the line tie going into the bill is all rusted. I think it was done there for a while.  So now I’m using it to pin jig shack business cards to my garage wall over the work bench. 

D16C20C3-2A02-45A8-B20B-9B86C8EDEB60.jpeg

Nice find! The rfr5 is one of my favorite river baits,  catches smallmouth and walleye.  Some of the largest walleye I've landed were incidental catches while bass fishing with it. The only downfall to it is that the lips will occasionally snap off when hitting rip rap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...