Johnpenguin

How to get rid of rust

I have been noticing more and more rust in my boxes. Does anyone have any good solutions? I’m considering the rustrictor boxes and the bullfrog antirust strips.

Let tackle dey before putting it back in the box and if you get rained on be sure to open the box and let everything dry out when you get home

If you don’t want to buy all new boxes, you can buy just the Zerust dividers Flambeau makes and toss a few in each box. But you should still let stuff dry as much as possible before putting it away. 

Definitely get the Rustrictor boxes. I have them, and they work great.  I was concerned they might have an odor that would repel fish, but I can't smell anything.  The added bonus is that you can put them in your rod locker, and they'll protect your reels too.

These are my actual boxes.  I took this picture:

social.jpg

I always left my tackle boxes open on my boats deck in the garage when I got home but I use rust preventive tackle boxes now.   

I also leave my tackle box open to let everything dry out. Anything I use on a fishing trip I put in a separate Plano Hydro Flow box and let those baits dry out before putting them back in the tackle box.