Sam

The Blue Angels

I thought you might enjoy this picture of theĀ U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Happy Independence Day. God bless the U.S.A.šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

Image may contain: one or more people, cloud, sky, crowd and outdoor
Ā 
A few years ago at the Richmond NASCAR race the Blue AngelsĀ had a flyover going from east to west over the track, as usually done at the end of the National Anthem for military aircraft at all Richmond NASCARĀ races. It was spectacular.
Ā 
But then something happened I will never forget.Ā All of a sudden we hear this loud roar and coming in from the north around 500 to 600 feet over the parking lots and around 100 feet above the trackĀ the Blue AngelsĀ appeared out of nowhere heading directly at us and then they pulled straight up like shown in the above picture and did their flower.
Ā 
It scared the heckĀ out of us in the stands. One second we were watching the crews getting the cars and drivers ready for the start of the race and then the Blue AngelsĀ were there. They just appeared. Bam! Out of nowhere.
Ā 
It was something everyone who witnessed it will never forget. My friend and I looked at each other in total amazement. Fantastic seeing what those jets can do.
Ā 
So who won the race? No idea. All I can remember are the Blue Angels heading straight at me and then pulling straight up at the last second. Glad I was wearing underwear!
Ā 
At last night's performance I told my wife that the Blue AngelsĀ were coming back for another flyover. I told her that one flyover was not enough and to get ready for their return. Sure enough, they appeared and someone got the above photo. Felt like I just landed my personal best!
  • Like 6

I love the blue angels. They fly every year where I live, the base is only about 3 miles across the river from us. I get a pretty good view from my backyard. For some reason , I get tears in my eyes watching them.

• Thanks 1

They put on a good show, as well as the Thunderbirds.Ā  The Golden Knights also can impress a crowd.Ā 

If you really want to see an impressive flying team, watch the Italian team, the Frecce Tricolori.Ā  The problem is, they usually won't fly in the US because of FAA regulations that puts the show center well out away from the crowds and restrict many of the maneuvers they are best known for, that put them flying over the crowds of people.

For a number of years, I was responsible forĀ a huge number of public address setupsĀ for air shows in Italy, Germany and the US, and a number of other special events,Ā so I got to see more than my fair share areal demonstration teams.

• Thanks 1