JWall14

Will I fit in at 100 pelican catch?

I’m 6’5 and was wondering if anyone knows if I will fit in a 10 ft kayak or if I need to get a 12ft kayak?

I think you need to think 12 footer.  If nothing else 12' is going to track better than a 10'. See if you can get a test drive before you decide.  I sold my Old Town Loon 138 (almost 14 foot) to a guy 6' 5" .

• Like 1

the cockpits on most ***' kayaks of the same model are usually about the same, not sure about 10'.  Only way you will know if you will fit is to go sit in one.  I wouldn't recommend a 10' kayak to anyone except a kid or for a specific purpose like smaller water/creeks.  12' will be a better balance of tracking and speed.  

• Like 1

Bro, you can play the 2 guard in the NBA...get a 12

• Like 1

Aight thanks guys.

Can anyone recommend a fishing kayak that’s under $700 and 12 ft or more (some types I can’t get near me (catch 120) and I don’t want to pay for shipping)? I’m looking for beginner stuff for creeks, Rivers and small lakes. Thanks!

13 hours ago, JWall14 said:

Can anyone recommend a fishing kayak that’s under $700 and 12 ft or more (some types I can’t get near me (catch 120) and I don’t want to pay for shipping)? I’m looking for beginner stuff for creeks, Rivers and small lakes. Thanks!

Dick's has 20% off right now, applies to most kayaks. Field and Stream Eagle Talon 12' is $439.99 after the 20% off, and before tax, available for pick up in most stores.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JWall14 said:

these are budget yaks but in your price range

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1213370-lifetime-11-6-yukon-kayak.html

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1030834-emotion-stealth-pro-angler-kayak.html

a bit of a drive for you but just shows you can get a good used wilderness systems and other brand name kayaks under your budget.  I recently purchased a WS commander 120 for $500 for my father in law

https://swmi.craigslist.org/boa/d/benton-harbor-tarpon-120-fishing-kayak/6928455842.html

• Like 1

I have the catch 120 and I am 6'2" with a bum knee...12 footer for you