Allen Der

Anyone using a Fenwick Lunker Stik?

On sale now for $68 plus 10% directly from Fenwick.  Wondering if the 6'8" MH-MF would be a decent spinnerbait/chatter bait rod?  I'm normally a St Croix guy but I do have 3 Fenwick Silverhawks that I really like.

• Like 1

I want to see (feel) that rod also. I could not find it on a local level over the late winter. 

I may just order it and use it next season. Make up another setup over the winter. In my case I want the medium version for smaller crankbaits. The softer tip should be perfect for CB’s and spinnerbaits. 

I hate to to buy a rod site unseen or unfelt but it not a rod that would be used for sensitivity. Mostly shock absorption. 

I did buy the Abu Garcia Viritas Spinning Winch Rod over the winter. I love it. Soft tip. Graphite rod no fiberglass to it. 

Good luck with it. Let us know how you like it. 

I have a 7'3 lunker Stik. M/h mod I use it for chatterbaits and large crankbaits my only complaint is that the rod is just a touch on the heavy side. But the rod loads perfectly for long casts and hook sets at the end of a long cast

Own a 7'3 MM. Use it for crankbait. Like it so far!

Looks like I missed out on the extra 10% off.  Probably won't buy one for now

I might pick one up now that I've seen this sale, would the 7'3" Medium/Moderate be a solid all around cranking rod (liplesses and medium divers, nothing down past 10 ft)? I am currently using a 7 ft M/M vendetta and I just really don't like that rod and also it's a bit too whippy for me. I wish the lunker stik was a Moderate Fast

10 minutes ago, BigBass'n_Harrison said:

I might pick one up now that I've seen this sale, would the 7'3" Medium/Moderate be a solid all around cranking rod (liplesses and medium divers, nothing down past 10 ft)? I am currently using a 7 ft M/M vendetta and I just really don't like that rod and also it's a bit too whippy for me. I wish the lunker stik was a Moderate Fast

In the Hmg line they have a M 7'2" modfast rod rated 3/8-1oz.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:14 PM, zell_pop1 said:

In the Hmg line they have a M 7'2" modfast rod rated 3/8-1oz.

Yeah I know, I actually have an HMG (well it’s my dad’s but I use it a lot) but I was just interested in the Lunker Stik since it’s only $68 rn