ec1

Tailspins

Recently, I have been finding that the Duo Realis and Jackall tailspins have been selling out very quickly at my local tackle store. I understand that they are very similar to spybaits, but these seem heavier and come with a colorado blade. At the same time, the hooks are very small so I am wondering if you are fishing it with the same 7'6ML rods that you fish a spybait with.

I do want to start a discussion with people that are successful with these baits, and what kind of presentation you're making with it. I imagine it being a colder water lift drop, but are people seeing success with a constant retrieve like a spybait? Look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Hmm, I guess I don't consider them to be very similar to a spybait at all other than they both have something on them that spins and they're both fairly heavy. 

I fish a tailspinner on a 7' M or MH baitcaster with 15lb mono or fluoro. At times a retrieve with a lift, drop cadence can work, but I prefer a slow, steady retrieve. The Wing Ding is a good one that I get at Academy. I like them because the bait is separate from the hook so they're harder for the fish to throw and I can use whatever hook I want. 

• Like 1