Rodney Smith

Fishing in Islamorara

Looks like we are heading to Miami, Islamorada, and Key West next week. Where do I need to go fishing? Will get a half day trip somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Rodney Smith said:

Looks like we are heading to Miami, Islamorada, and Key West next week. Where do I need to go fishing? Will get a half day trip somewhere. 

I recommend TJ from live action fishing charters out of Robbies in islamorada.  He does off shore and back country

If you dont go out of Bud N Mary's in Islamorada I feel really sorry for you

Lots of places and guides/charters between Islamorada and Key West.

All depends on what type fishing you want to do. Half day will limit some of your fishing opportunities but you can do reef for yellow tails and mutton’s, bridges for tarpon or backcountry for inshore species. Weather will play a big part in you decision.  I would throw a post up in the Keys section of the Florida Sportsman forum. There is also a sticky in that section with lots of good info.

In the interests of simplicity since your trip is next week, give Key West Pro Guides a call or email.  Essentially they're just a booking organization for a big group of Key West guides.  You call them and give your date and your desired type of excursion and they'll set you up with the appropriate guide.  You pay a little bit more, but it also saves you from doing a lot of legwork yourself.