It seems to me that there are a lot of Googan Squad haters out there and I just wondered where does all the hate come from? Did they do something underhanded? Seems like they're just a bunch of young guys who like to fish...sure, some of it seems put on and "made for YouTube" but they don't seem to be doing anything wrong. I really Like Justin (Lake Fork Guy), Jon B. seems okay and I can stomach Flair when he's not being over-the-top. Their baits seem to be of good quality too, haven't checked out their rods & reels though. Don't get me wrong, these guys aren't even close to the level of Tactical Bassin' but it just seems lately I've read a lot of guys bashing them and I wondered if there's good reason not to like these guys or it's just hater's being hater's?

I've never seen or heard any of these guys, and probably won't.  I don't do much YouTubing as it is.  One thing that rubs me the wrong way is the packaging of the baits.  It's a ridiculously large bag, with a plastic tray inserted.  I get it.  Marketing, attractive looks, keeps baits straight, etc.  But I feel like its the responsibility of anglers and manufacturers alike to do what they can to preserve resources and reduce waste involved with our hobby/livelihood.  That packaging method is not a step in that direction.

I know that they aren't the only maker that uses gaudy packaging, but this is the first thing about Googan that came to mind, since I don't know anything about the "squad".

• Like 1

Not this topic again.  Good night Irene....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4