Sign in to follow this  
pescatore

Minn Kota Edge 40# Troller

Bought a 14 foot Jon the other day, 15hp Yamaha, 40# minn Kota edge. Like most used items, none of it came with with a instruction manual. I guess most people are like my brother,The instructions were always the first thing  he threw away.

At any rate i would like some input on the trolling motor operation.

There is a large foot pedal and a heavy cable going to the motor. On the under side of the foot pedal,there are pulleys visable.

I have not tried to operate it yet.

Checked the Minn Kota site for possible instruction downloads and could not come up with anything.

Looking for some help.

Operation is simple. Put your foot on the pedal and push down w/ your toes to turn one way, pressure with your heel brings it back.

The round button on the foot pedal activates the prop.

Practice makes perfect and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Speed setting is on a knob on the pedals right side. 5 is fastest setting.

pescatore, I have the manual for this motor. If you PM me and give me an e-mail address I can scan it and e-mail it to you. Let me know.

I also have the edge #40 model so let me know if you have any q"s and I'll get the manual out for you.

I have a similar problem with the minn kota edge 40. It's impossible to find a manual for this trolling motor. I bought a boat with what looked to be a brand new motor and used it one time and it quit.

The battery also looks to be brand new (and fully charged), so I don't know where to start to find the problem. Mine is the hand control model but the trouble shooting section of the manual should give some hints as to what to look for if it's not working properly.

Any help with a manual -- or point me in a direction to look -- would be a big help.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Welcome aboard!

I hope someone will be by shortly with some help.

8-)

Hey speedbump, I have the manual for the 40 lb Edge foot controled model. I would be more than happy to e-mail you a copy. Just PM me and give me an e-mail address to send it to.

Speedbump, I have the 40# Minn Kota Endura hand tiller model. I can email that manual though it doesn't appear to be much help. For a motor that just won't run, all the troubleshooting section points to is battery checks like corrosion, fluid level etc. I'd check simple electrical things like the switch; maybe a wire just got disconnected.

I don't know where Murfreesburg (sp?) TN is but I can give you the list of authorized Service Centers if you'd like. There's a half dozen in TN listed in my manual.

John

I have a similar problem with the minn kota edge 40. It's impossible to find a manual for this trolling motor. I bought a boat with what looked to be a brand new motor and used it one time and it quit.

The battery also looks to be brand new (and fully charged), so I don't know where to start to find the problem. Mine is the hand control model but the trouble shooting section of the manual should give some hints as to what to look for if it's not working properly.

Any help with a manual -- or point me in a direction to look -- would be a big help.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Because boating items don't get the road dirt and grease and oil fog that automobiles do,they may look great but in fact be worn out.

First things first. Charge the battery ,then take it to Advance auto or any parts dealer and they will load test it for free. If that is not possible,try hooking your troller up to your automobile battery..

Either of these options,should eliminate the possibility that the fault lies with the battery..If the battery checks out ok , or the motor refuses to run from the car battery,then a Minnkota repair facility is your best option.

Hello,

is there a way to lock speed with foot pedal minn kota? I just bought a boat with no product manual. I will contact you strick9 for the manual...

Thank you for the information,

JF