Sign in to follow this  
Strike Prince

No longer shorebound....

...YAY.  I got a Loon 120 Kayak of CL and am in the process of hooking up the rack and stuff right now.

After obsessing about it for the past few weeks I am no longer shorebound...It's not a Ranger, but I'm gonna be out on the water.

I'll try it out later today.

...YAY. I got a Loon 120 Kayak of CL and am in the process of hooking up the rack and stuff right now.

After obsessing about it for the past few weeks I am no longer shorebound...It's not a Ranger, but I'm gonna be out on the water.

I'll try it out later today.

Congratulations, you should experience a big difference. I bought a canoe, not a kayak, but it gives me some independence in getting off the shore and onto the water. Like you say, it's not a Ranger, but I've caught some great fish that I never would have otherwise. Enjoy!

Took it out.  It was my first time in a kayak so it took some getting used to and I still need to practice, but man it felt good to just be free.

I only stayed about an hour, caught a dink on a pop-r.

I'll figure out ways to make it more of a fishing machine.  I've seen rigs with milk crates and such.

Sweet! I just got one and am also trying to figure out how to outfit it on the cheap. Cant wait to go out with it. Good luck with your new yak. Post some pics if you can. I need ideas!