Sign in to follow this  
FishZen

Help me see the structure

What I'm looking for is visual representations of underwater structure. 3D models, pictures, drawings, etc. I've seen a few models used on some fishing shows, but I would like something I can print and review for later.

Any websites with good information on what structure looks like? I'm trying to visualize what I'm fishing when I cant 'see' it.

Thanks for any help!

I assume that you are familiar with lake "topo" maps, i.e. bathymetric maps.  These are available from many sources on the web.  If you have not used them I would try a web search first.

Yes I am familiar with them, I have studied the topo maps quite a bit.

I guess I should specify that I am looking for 3D type images or videos that have graphics showing how structure would appear if you looked at it from under the water. I've seen this used in a few fishing shows when describing the structure being fished. They will show a graphic that represents the actual point, hump, bar, weedline, etc.

I'm sure some of the fishing magazines use graphics that depict structure as 3D rather than the topo 2D format. For me, its easier to see a pic or graphic that represents the structure rather than just reading a description of it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug Hannon offered one but I can't find a link  :(

Wow, the Navionics maps are excellent!

So you get all those maps, and the lakes available in 3D for $20? That sounds like a heck of a deal. Thanks!

Any instructional videos that show structure in a 3D or underwater view?

If you want to "see" structure, take a topo map and start driving around and look at the "above water" structure and relate it to what the map shows.   The "underwater structure" is just what you see above water except it has been flooded.