Sign in to follow this  
stormrider

freight charge?

I am going to purchase a new boat this spring. Probably a Tracker with the deals thay are offering.

My question is... has anyone been successful in negotiating the removal of the freight charge.

I can't see me having to pay for the freight if I am buying off the floor. Custom made for me is a different story.

thoughts?

When I bought my new Tracker earlier this year I checked with 5 different dealers around me all within 100 miles.

Every single one was the same exact price.

I guess they average the shipping from the factory and add it on to all boats.

From what I understand, they are set up with "no haggle pricing" like some car dealers.

I did purchase mine when they were giving BPS gift cards out though.

Brute

You are paying for the charge to truck ship from the factory to the sales floor.  Regardless of whether it's a floor model or not,  it had to be trucked to that location.  

Instead of trying to knock off the fright charge, why not try to have them throw in some goodies like a better TM/ bigger motor or fish finder or accessories you might need?

Car dealers are giving cars away dirt cheap at these times, I can not see how boat dealers are not sweetening the pot themselves?

I am going to purchase a new boat this spring.
Buy your boat in fall or winter for the best deal.  Just before they wrap them for the winter is a good time.  Walk out on the sales at least three times.  Be sure to leave your card.  They will call you.

I am going to purchase a new boat this spring. Probably a Tracker with the deals thay are offering.

My question is... has anyone been successful in negotiating the removal of the freight charge.

I can't see me having to pay for the freight if I am buying off the floor. Custom made for me is a different story.

thoughts?

Most of those babies are made within 100 miles of Springfield, MO.  There will be a significant charge to ship them 1/2 way across the country.  There is also a rigging charge which the dealers add on.

Maybe you could negotiate with the BPS in Springfield and drive here to pick it up if you can save money.  You could take in some shows at Branson and fish Table Rock while you are here.  That might make you a hero with momma if there is one in the house.

Its a fact of life.  They need to pay for the gas to get the boat to the dealer/floorroom somehow.  I would agree with everyone else, try to get them to throw in some upgraded equip.

IIRC, BPS used to have a zone chart that showed delivery charges to anywhere in the US for whatever boat you were getting.. Nitro, Tracker aluminum, etc.