Bass Fishing in SoCal Off-Roading

Onyxmoose

Hey All

Just got back from AZ where my brother in law and I did some fishing at Lake Pleasant, which had some really nice shoreline fishing that we accessed with our Trucks. Does anyone know of any lakes here in SoCal where we can access some decent Bass fishing via Off-Roading to access, mainly to stay away from the crowds and get into some decent spots without owning a boat. 

thanks in advance! 

• Super User

Off roading....? Lake Casitas has lots of shore fishing access, camp grounds to drive and park, but you can't off road.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Off-roading to a remote part of a lake to bass fish legally on an uncrowded shoreline? We'll have no such shenanigans happening around here!!!

If you find such a unicorn, as much as I would like to know of such a place, I advise you to keep it to yourself.

SoCal authorities like to keep all funseekers corralled into small areas to make it easier to extract license/user fees and monitor all activities to make sure that they don't have too much fun (and that said fun will only occur during daylight hours).

• Like 1

• Super User

Tejon Ranch Castac ( not Castaic) lake near Lebec off I5 can be accessed with permission, good bass fishing time to time depending on water level.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Not bass fishing but trout fishing in the High Sierras.  There are many dirt roads and trails that lead to lakes, streams and rivers.  I used to ride my dirt bike from Kennedy Meadows to Monache Meadows at least twice a year to flyfish for golden trout.  I road with my buddy in his Bronco to a couple of lakes to fish for brook trout also, I think we went out of Bishop.  No bass.